Cooperation – Activity 4
In the other’s Shoes
Cognitive method – perspective taking
This activity aims at assisting practitioners to learn how to consider another perspective and understand and empathize with someone who disagrees with them
In the other’s Shoes handout
Each participant has to fill in the handout on an individual basis and then get in a group to reflect on the process according to the reflection questions.
Questions for reflection:
- How did it feel to be in another person’s shoes?
- In what ways did your understanding of the other person’s perspective change?
- What are some ways we can make sure we are interpreting someone else’s emotions accurately in a non-confrontational manner?
- In what ways might this influence the likelihood of transforming conflict into something productive?
- How does this activity benefit the team?
- What will you do differently the next time you’re involved in a conflict?