Cooperation – Activity 3
Conflict in different perspectives
The aim of this activity is to assist you in understanding your perception of conflict and at the same time come in contact with different perspectives on conflict and techniques to better handle conflict. Furthermore, with this activity you will have the chance to consider the positive aspects of conflict and become more comfortable with it.
First work at an individual level and fill in the “conflict perspectives sheet” for 15-20 minutes.
After having answered all the questions in the online form, get in a group and talk over your answers with other members.
Questions for reflection:
- Were your partner’s perspectives different from your perspective?
- What were some things you learned by considering another’s perspective?
- Does discussing conflict like this make it “less dangerous”? In what ways?
- Is conflict good or bad?
- What are some ways in which conflict is harmful to the team?
- What are some ways in which conflict may benefit the team?